Monday, June 23, 2014

Ignition Interlock Device

I was sentenced by the court to 12 months with ignition interlock device on my car and in exchange 31 days of my 45 day jail sentence were suspended. This is really silly, because in my case, a super-extreme DUI, MVD will order me 18 months interlock anyway, and the times overlap.

I have not yet installed the interlock, but will be using Alcolock on 43rd avenue for three reasons, 1. recommendation from lawyer, 2. price is reasonable, 3. after calling lots of places, they seemed the least shifty. This cost is going to be $67 per month for 18 months. I am very glad that I am self-employed and make good money. It allows me a massive amount of flexibility on my schedule and allows me to pay for all of this. I honestly commend anyone who holds down a full time job punching a clock while handling all these obligations. It's hard work managing everything, and it's going to get very expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment